After a few months in Asia, we decided to go back to Europe and we started in Venice. We only spent three days in this beautiful city but I really loved it. Here are a few interesting facts about Venice. Did you know …
- Venice is shaped like a boot – A boot inside a boot! Because Italy is also shaped like a boot.
- There are 416 bridges but 72 of them are private,
- There are three major bridges across the Grand Canal. Accademia, Rialto and Scalzi. We crossed two of them during our stay. There is an also a fourth bridge but funny enough, it’s falling apart before the old ones!
- There are some really narrow streets. In fact, one of the photos I took is my dad walking through one.
- Saint Mark’s body is buried in Saint Mark’s Basilica and we stayed just around the corner from it.
I had fun taking photos in Venice, I hope you like them